Every year we try to make our way up to the Santa Barbara Solstice Parade for the celebration of light the sun and being human! Sure it may seem a little “earthy-gearthy”, a little pagan, a little whimsical, but it is a helluva good time too. I like taking my kids up there to see people just celebrating the human condition, from people celebrating the sun, to celebrating the human body. I think it is good for them to see people celebrating themselves regardless of race, bodytype or, gender.
True to form I documented this adventure with pictures. Here they are (and there are a lot):
They say a picture is worth a thousand so I took a thousand pictures does that mean I wrote a novel?
Pass it on:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)